How to Help Chronic Coughing | Q&A With Dr. J
Coughing is an elimination process of the body caused by irritants like dust, smoke, pollution, or mucus.
Common causes of coughing include infections, asthma, allergies, medications, heart problems, airway infections, lung disease, damaged vocal cords, or sleep apnea.
One of the most common and unknown causes of chronic cough can stem from the digestive system. Heartburn and silent acid reflux can cause coughing.
Ways to Stop a Chronic Cough:
- Stay away from allergens
- Clean up the environment
- Address sleep apnea
- Help the body detox
- Support the GI system
- Exterminate (cockroaches)
- Support the immune system
- Adjust the cranial bones
- For Asthma it's important to treat the infraspinatus muscle with IRR therapy.
Natural Remedies for Cough:
- Herbal Tea
- Pineapple (Bromelein)
- Gargle with Salt Water (natural salt)
- Thyme Ginger
- Slippery Elm
In-Office Treatments for Coughing:
- Immune System Support (IV therapy)
- Cranial and Cervical Adjusting
- Thoracic Spine Adjusting
- Dilute H2O2 Therapy