Italian Turkey Meatballs
Try this recipe for delicious Italian Turkey Meatballs for your next meal! They will not disappoint.
- 3 lbs. Ground Turkey
- 2 cups cooked Quinoa
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 3 large Eggs
- 3 tbsp. Italian Parsley
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil or Avocado Oil, divided
Marinara Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 28oz. cans of diced Tomatoes
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. dried Oregano
- Ground pepper to taste
- In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in one tbsp. of olive oil for about 5 minutes over medium heat (for meatballs)
- Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil and 3 minced garlic cloves for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and oregano and bring to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer and continue to cook for 30 minutes.
- Add ground pepper to taste
- Combine ground turkey, cooked quinoa, sauteed onion and garlic, 3 eggs, parmesan cheese, and parsley in a large bowl.
- Use your hand to mix everything together and shape it into balls
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs in the remaining olive oil. Cook until meatballs are brown on the bottom then flip them over to cook until brown on the opposite side. (do this in batches rather than all at once)
- Remove the meatballs and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to soak up excess grease.
- After the marinara sauce has cooked for 30 minutes, add the cooked meatballs and let simmer for about 45 minutes.
Looking for more healthy ways to make good food taste good? Check out the West Clinic Clean Eating Guide