Avocado Scallop Gazpacho
Try this delicious spin on Guzpacho. It's loaded with tasty vegetables, herbs, and spices.
- 2 Plum Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 3/4 cup Roasted Red Pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup Celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup Scallions, chopped
- 3 tbsp. Cilantro (whole leaves)
- 1 tbsp. Flat-leaf Parsley
- 1 tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3/4 cup Low Sodium Tomato Juice
- 1 Avocado, peeled and pitted, divided
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper, divided
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt, divided
- 1 lb. Fresh Bay Scallops
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a blender, add tomatoes, cucumber, red peppers, celery, scallions, cilantro, parsley, vinegar, lemon juice, tomato juice, half of the avocado, 1/4 tsp. of black pepper, and 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Blend until the mixture reaches desired consistency.
- Chill covered in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight to let the flavors meld.
- Pat scallops dry and season with remaining 1/4 tsp. of black pepper and 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Add scallops and sear for about 2 minutes per side, until scallops are no longer translucent.
- Chop remaining avocado
- To serve, divide gazpacho between 4 bowls and top with scallops, cilantro, and avocado slices.
Makes 4 servings.